Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 15:12 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

What I would like is for the Reply-to-List to be more prominent to
encourage people to use that rather than just blindly replying to the
user.

Certainly I'm with you on the 'rather than just blindly replying to the
user' bit -- there's now a pop-up which will say "you're replying in
private; do you really want to do that?".

You keep saying "now", presumably what you mean is that you have
submitted code that does these things?  Also in your web page you say
"what we currently have ...", when what you really mean is "it is
proposed that in the next version of Evolution we will have ...".  Or
have I missed something?

I mean I'm running it right now. It is committed to git so it'll be in
the 2.31.6 unstable release when it happens on August 2nd.

Also on the "Group Reply" button thing, how about you change the label
to "Reply to ..." and then have in the drop down list "Reply to All",
"Reply to List", "Reply to Sender" - that covers the various none-direct
reply scenaria.

I pondered that, but it's also a button in its own right -- you don't
*have* to drop it down and choose from the list; you can just press it.
So that doesn't seem ideal.

(Thanks for other reply; will ponder how to include that)

--
dwmw2