Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 21:28 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
 Remember, the existing reply-to-list operation *already* falls back
to replying to all if it can't find a List-Post: header.

No it doesn't.

The operation *does*. You're getting confused by the fact that the
current menu items get disabled when you're not looking at a list
message.

But actually, some lists don't have a List-Post: header. If there are
*any* List-* headers, you'll see the list operations get enabled, and
then you'll see quite clearly that the reply-to-list operation falls
back to replying to all. Even without having to look at the source or
take my word for it.

So ignore the fact that the *current* menu options which invoke that
operation are disabled. We were talking about (and I had implemented) a
button in the toolbar which *doesn't* get disabled, and which invokes
the same operation.

And I was asking if there are circumstances in which that button would
not suffice for you. That is:

   When would you want a 'Group Reply' button *not* to use a

--
dwmw2