Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 09:15 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Let's not argue about that too much -- we won't make any progress. Let's
just recognise that this 'DTRT' thing that you suggest is hard when we
can't agree on what TRT is.

Yes, but all your solutions seem to implement it the way *you* want - in
other words, "lets not argue about it because I know I'm right".

Not at all. I'm saying that it's pointless to argue about whether
reply-to-list or reply-to-all is best; let's just make it simple for the
user to choose.

And it's *already* simple for the user to choose if they're using the
keyboard shortcuts or the menu; it's only the toolbar that really needs
attention, as you say.

And despite the fact that I personally think the toolbar is just perfect
-- it doesn't show this silly Reply-to-List option at all, because
nobody should be doing that -- I still went out of my way to implement
an option that lets you turn the 'Reply to All' button into a 'Reply in
Public' button which replies to the list by preference, purely for the
benefit of those who disagree with me.

I don't see anyone *else* putting real code forward; let alone code
which enables a behaviour which they find suboptimal.

--
dwmw2