Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 12:09 +1000, Nick Jenkins wrote:
So that'd leave toolbar buttons something like this:
Normal email: [ Reply ] [ Reply to All ] [ Forward ]  ....
A list email: [ Reply to List ] [ Private Reply ] [ Forward ] ....

Main criticisms of this that I can think of are:
* It changes the toolbar buttons based on message content, so potential
to confuse people (although I think making the buttons appropriate for
the message might outweigh this).

GNOME's HIG generally forbids changing menus and toolbars on the fly
like that, and I tend to agree.  But Thunderbird gets away with it by
moving those actions out of the main toolbar and into the preview pane,
so appropriate actions can be shown for that particular message.

Food for thought.