Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

But Reply-to-All is useful, I don't want it to become a Reply-in-Public.
And the term Public is horrible - many of the lists I am on are private
lists, the reply is most definitely not public and it will just confuse
people.

Remember, we're *only* talking about the toolbar button. You'll always
have the option of hitting Ctrl-Shift-R or using 'Reply to All' from the
menu.

So are you *really* saying that you need *both* 'all' and 'list' reply
buttons to be in the toolbar,

Not need, would like.

 because even thought your normal
preference it to reply-to-list on list messages, you might *sometimes*
want to reply-to-all on a list message instead?

No, I need to reply all for normal messages - life isn't just about
lists :-)

Also I need a reply all for list messages when I get a CC: copy without
the list headers in the message.

 And you really can't use
the menu or the keyboard for that rare occasion?

I could just continue with the current situation where I press ctrl-l
for list messages - that for me is the minority case, probably about 5%
of the email I answer is to a mailing list.

I agree that 'Reply in Public' isn't a brilliant name for a button which
tries to reply to the list, and falls back to replying to all. Do you
have a better suggestion? Given that:
 - we can't make it change according to the message we're looking at.
 - 'Reply to List' would be wrong sometimes.
 - 'Reply to All' would be wrong sometimes.
 - 'Reply to List or All' is clumsy too.

Perhaps 'Group Reply'?

One issue is that *I* don't have Evo 2.30 because I haven't had time to
upgrade to F13, so I didn't know about the drop down toolbar buttons.  I
would be against overloading a single button with multiple meanings.

I don't have a particular objection to "Group Reply" - although within
the context of a "Groupware" solution, the term "Group" may have a
specific meaning and may cause confusion.

Part of the problem is that I have feeling you see Reply-all and
Reply-list to be quite similar, whereas I see them as conceptually
separate operations - consequently I have problems thinking of a term
that satisfactorily covers both.  This is probably also why I see there
to be a need for both buttons, and you don't.

Anyway, perhaps I need to install F13 before I take anymore part in this
conversation...

P.