Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 18:34 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
 Ctrl-R: Uses the Reply-To: header if valid, else the From: header.
 Ctrl-Shift-R: Uses the same as Ctrl-R, and adds the Cc: recipients.
 Ctrl-L: Uses the List-Post: header if valid, else same as Ctrl-Shift-R.

I feel like I'm trailing along behind everyone else, but:

When you say "Cc:" recipients, you also mean the "To:" values of course,
right?  It should be all the recipients in both the CC and TO lists,
except for the current user [*].

What I'd really like to see is a "reply publicly" operation, which is
the standard one that is used by default (the standard key binding and
the standard button), which by default "does the right thing" to create
a public reply to the message, as best as can be discovered and
interpreted by Evo based on RFC's, best practices, etc.  This "right
thing" would change based on the message being read (e.g., based on
List-Post headers).

I'm also happy if there are alternatives for specific situations.
Someone mentioned having a drop-down list off the reply to all button,
like we do for forward, and actually I think that might be a good
solution.  By default have the "reply publicly" button do the heuristic
"reply to everyone" (I guess this would be more-or-less equivalent to
the Ctrl-L operation above), then have some drop-down menu options for
alternatives.

A preference that lets you select your preferred default "reply
publicly" operation would be nice as well (I think we have something
like that for forward).  The values could be "Best effort" (default),
"All recipients", etc.

[*] I've filed a bugzilla a few months ago against a VERY annoying new
"feature" of Evo where extra entries on the "To" list get added to the
CC list on reply to all, rather than the distinction being preserved.  I
hate that!!