Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

thomas ga-78:~$ gpg --recv-keys 7C174863
gpg: Schlüssel 7C174863 von hkp-Server keys.gnupg.net anfordern
gpg: /home/thomas/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trust-db erzeugt
gpg: Schlüssel 7C174863: Öffentlicher Schlüssel "Stig Roar Wangberg
<srw openmailbox org>" importiert
gpg: Anzahl insgesamt bearbeiteter Schlüssel: 1
gpg:               importiert: 1  (RSA: 1)

You can also type in my email address in gpg.mit.edu.
But I'm really curious if my public key-block is supposted to be
attached to my signature? The 7C174863 is already there, yes?

gpg: Signature at the Sa 20 Feb 2016 16:56:34 CET with RSA key, ID
7C174863

I don't
know what people usually do. Probably compare the fingerprints with each
other before they sign and trust. How Evolution works, I really don't
know.

My key weren't confirmed in my sent messages before I trusted my own
key. So I guess that's what other people that trust me have to do too.

Let's see now I once imported your PK ... :-)

Like others have pointed out. You can't sign nor trust my public key,
only because you found it on a server, or in my signature. Because you
simply don't know who I am. Or if I'm The Stig at all. I barely even
sign/trust keys belonging to people I have actually met. I've only
signed two of many keys. I don't encrypt just for fun, and when I do, I
usually don't use this email address.

People working with this for years have much sensible to say about this.
And when it comes to Evolution, it only recognize those keys I already
added to my key-ring. People I know but not necessarily trust.

And there is definitely no need to sign or trust a key belonging to a
stranger in a mailing list. :)

Best regards,
Stig