[Evolution] Evolution/GPG

It seems like Evolution is up an running (even though it seldom sends my
emails). Another problem is signing and encrypting. Concerning the
latter, I don't know if my emails are encrypted with the receivers
public key, or mine. I have only imported my own public key, so how does
Evolution know how to encrypt using the receivers public key? Or it
doesn't? Also, after I sent it, I could open it and read it using my own
password. When I'm encrypting letters in my terminal with the receivers
public key, I can never open it and read it using my own password, which
is logical, I guess. Also, I was not asked for my password before
sending the encrypted email, which is a bit strange, right? So what is
going on?