Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

on. den 10. 02. 2016 klokka 20.02 (+0100) skreiv Stig Roar Wangberg:
må. den 08. 02. 2016 klokka 09.51 (+0000) skreiv Pete Biggs:

It puzzles me though, that after converting from SHA-1 to SHA-256,
Evolution still uses SHA-1. What can be the reason for that, you think?

No it's not, your messages are signed using a SHA256 digest.  At the
bottom of a signed/encrypted message in Evolution you will see a
coloured bar showing the PGP status - green if everything is OK, yellow
if valid but not verifiable and red if something wrong.  Clicking on
the icon at the far left end of the bar will give you more information.
The message I'm replying to says:

    gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1
    gpg: Signature made Mon 08 Feb 2016 08:48:43 GMT using RSA key ID 7C174863
    gpg: using PGP trust model
    gpg: Good signature from "Stig Roar Wangberg <    srwangberg hotmail com    >" [unknown]
    gpg:                 aka "Stig Roar Wangberg <    srw openmailbox org    >" [unknown]
    gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
    Primary key fingerprint: D1AA 5023 275C 4FAC 7EF5  076B 20AD 6E59 7C17 4863
    gpg: binary signature, digest algorithm SHA256, key algorithm rsa4096

Why do you think it's using SAH-1?

P.

I have yet another "stupid" question to ask. I'm just curious what the
DAT-files are, that are created when I send and receive attachments? Not
everyone I know use Evolution. But most are encrypting their messages
(in terminal) and sends it as an attachment. But it comes along with two
other attachments, namely two DAT-files. What are those?

Sincerely,
SRW

PS. I just read that 'DAT files can hold viruses, so do not download DAT
files from your email unless you are sure of its contents'. I'm not sure
of their contents ...