Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 20:28 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
I have yet another "stupid" question to ask. I'm just curious what
the
DAT-files are, that are created when I send and receive
attachments? Not
everyone I know use Evolution. But most are encrypting their
messages
(in terminal) and sends it as an attachment. But it comes along
with two other attachments, namely two DAT-files. What are those?
PS. I just read that 'DAT files can hold viruses, so do not download
DAT files from your email unless you are sure of its contents'. I'm
not sure of their contents ...

This statement is meaningless.  *ANY* file can contain viruses,
malware, illegal content, etc...  There is nothing special about DAT
files; "DAT" is just short for "data".

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>