Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 13:14 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
su. den 07. 02. 2016 klokka 11.56 (+0000) skreiv Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 08:27 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
People tell me my letters aren't sign, or at least they can't see
any
sign of it. Here, after sending it, it says "valid signature".
When I
sing a letter in the terminal, it begins with a Hash: SHA256 and
ends
with END PGP SIGNATURE. And if I paste in a sign letter from the
terminal into Evolution, it says "invalid signature". But I have
only
one key.

I put in my ID under "security". I left the SHA valute to choose
my
key
(I think). Can anyone clarify this for me, please?

You CANNOT simply paste a signed message into Evo and expect the
signature to be valid. The signature covers the entire message,
including the headers Evo adds before sending, so doing this
absolutely
guarantees that the signature will be bad.

To use signed messages in Evo, simply click on PGP Sign (or S/MIME
sign
if you have the certificate), then hit Send. There's nothing
mysterious
about it and messing around with cut and paste from a terminal
session
is completely unnecessary.

poc

My key is set to the SHA value of 256. Should also choose that value
under 'security' below my key ID too? This is my last question.

The key ID is the 8-character value that appears when you run "gpg --
list-keys", or run seahorse. See https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution
/3.18/mail-encryption-gpg-set-up.html.en

poc