Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

to. den 11. 02. 2016 klokka 09.18 (+0000) skreiv Pete Biggs:
Yes of course. I understand that. I'm just curious what those dat-files
are. The sender didn't intentionally attach those files. Are they
generated by Evolution? He sent one encrypted letter (file.gpg) as an
attachment, but when I downloaded the attachment, there were two more,
i.e. attachment.dat and attachment.dat(1).

When you say "there were two more" - were the files listed as
attachments by Evolution or did they just appear when you did "Save
All".

I presume, from the way you describe it, that it's not the email itself
that's encrypted, but that there's an encrypted file attached to the
email.  If that's the case, then you can look at the source of the
email (Ctrl-U or View -> Message Source) and you will see in the mime
structure all the attachments.

If the whole email is encrypted and if the signature is correct, then
they *MUST* have been attached before the email was signed, encrypted
and sent.

P.

There are a lot of info there, and I'm not quite sure what I'm looking
for. Both the attachments says 'ordinary text document' (translated from
Norwegian), and the third says PGP/Mime encrypted.

SRW