Re: Splash screens (Re: Arlo, a little QA...)

> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas Mailhot email enst fr> writes:
>
> > So what ? 2 applets means a smaller task list, so you won't
> > loose so much screen estate.
>
> No, two applets means you will _always_ lose screen real-estate, even
> when you aren't starting programs.  Do we need space on the panel
> allocated at all times for something which doesn't happen much?
> (Nobody starts apps constantly, for instance.)

Have you noticed how you can make the taskbar size dynamic?  My taskbar
takes up 4 pixels of space when there are no apps running on that
window, it could even take up less if the "handle" wasn't quite so
fancy.  There's no need for an applet to take up large amounts of
space.  That said, I much prefer splash-screens that can be turned off
to some blinky thing in the panel.

    Greg