Re: Splash screens (Re: Arlo, a little QA...)

Le jeu, 26 oct 2000 00:12:43, Kevin Cullis a écrit :

> What we came to the conclusion was similar to what KDE
> has, no splash
> screen, but a new window which 1.indicates a process has
> started, and 2.
> Once the app is up and running, it looks like your normal
> GNOME task
> bar.  I had suggested that the bar FLASH until the app is
> completely
> loaded to indicate that something has started.

Well, I don't know how kde does it now and if it's still the
method I saw a while bak, but there's one thing I know :
whatever we agree on should not be able to steal the focus
or change the way user windows are stacked or be
screen-estate-expensive.

So IMHO it should be some kind of animation trapped in the
panel/task list that won't disturb users, only give subtle
hints.

A window is not a good answer because you'll allways find a
window manager that will give it more importance than it's
due.

--
Nicolas