Re: Splash screens (Re: Arlo, a little QA...)

Nicolas Mailhot email enst fr (2000-10-26 at 0112.59 +0200):
> Or else, perhaps even a dedicated applet that displays
> mini-icons of apps being launched.
[...]
> This, of course is a nice dream of mine. Before this a
> simple « hide splash screens » control center toggle would
> be enough for me.

Does not sound bad at all. Except if anybody has a good reason to
choose one over the other, I guess it is a thing that could be tested,
what is better, what people get faster?
a - special entry in task bar.
b - new applet to eat info of launching apps.

A reason to choose b is that task bar unifies things, but I dunno if
it is a good enough reason.

GSR