Re: Splash screens (Re: Arlo, a little QA...)

Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas Mailhot email enst fr> writes:

> So what ? 2 applets means a smaller task list, so you won't
> loose so much screen estate.

No, two applets means you will _always_ lose screen real-estate, even
when you aren't starting programs.  Do we need space on the panel
allocated at all times for something which doesn't happen much?
(Nobody starts apps constantly, for instance.)

Merging it into the task list seems reasonable, because nearly any app
you'd be starting will eventually pop up a window, and therefore will
eventually be taking up space in the task list.

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
16 days, 3 hours, 1 minutes, 53 seconds till we run away.