Re: Sozi integration

On 01/25/2015 09:37 PM, Hans Breuer wrote:
Am 23.01.2015 um 22:09 schrieb Paul Chavent:
On 01/22/2015 09:19 PM, Hans Breuer wrote:
Am 18.01.2015 um 22:36 schrieb Paul Chavent:
[...]
3) the hardcoded SOZI_PATH wont work with free installation path
I've tested with the configure option "--with-sozi-path=" pointing to a
 path that contains the sozi player files (sozi.version sozi.js
sozi_extras_media.js and sozi.css). It works as expected. However, i've
changed the messages to be more concise in case of failure.

This is not what I meant. A fixed path at compile time is only working on
Unix. For Windows and OS X the user can install the packages is a
directory of his choice. Plug-in and configutation placement is deduced
at runtime from relative paths, see e.g. usage of dia_get_data_directory().

I'm not sure that the user would like to give a path relative to the Sozi
installation path.
We have to diffferentiate between the compiling user and the installer user. The latter does not run
configure at all, even the former might not try out all those obscure configure options ;)

Ok, i got it.

[...]
I think you added the option because it was useful for you. I dont know if and how the Sozi files are
typically installed.

What is your suggestion ?

Maybe adapt the code to work with and without the definition of SOZI_PATH. In the latter case use somethinh
like
   path = dia_get_data_directory("Sozi" G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S "sozi.version");

Perhaps we could even completely remove the configure option (for sake of simplicity) and search in a
predefined path that will work on all platforms (dia_get_data_directory for instance). It will be up to the
user to copy the sozi engine at this place (just a buck of bytes).

Cheers.

Paul.