Re: Sozi integration

Hi Hans.

On 01/08/2015 11:24 PM, Hans Breuer wrote:
Hi Paul,
Am 05.01.2015 um 15:47 schrieb Paul Chavent:
Hi

Following this old thread (http://marc.info/?t=131209991300001&r=1&w=4), I
would like to re-submit a patch that brings "Sozi"
(http://sozi.baierouge.fr/wiki/en:welcome) to Dia.
[...]

The patch adds a "Sozi" sheet with "Frame" and "Media" objects.

Thanks for the resubmission. I've extracted the latest patch
from [1], reverted the deletion of doc/e?/dia.1 and committed
it to my local master. After small fixes to build on win32,
I've added a Sozi layer to render-test.dia (attached).

[...]
The media allows to insert video/audio in a presentation. I haven't
extensively tested this object yet.

Me neither. If it does not work out the single "Sozi - Frame" might need to get moved back to the Misc sheet?
Indeed, the initial design (one "Sozi - Frame" on the Misc sheet) was simpler.

Then, I had the choice between :
 - add an option in the "Sozi - Frame" to behave like a media object
 - add a new object "Sozi - Media" to clearly separate the two functionalities.
I feel better with the second choice.

The current solution is far from being perfect, but the media frame is a feature i would like to use in the
future.

I join a patch that should fix a bug and you can find an integration of a video in your example here :
http://paul.chavent.free.fr/sozi/render-test-sozi.svg (frame 12)

If you think that the media frame will never be used, i can revert the design and move the "Sozi - Frame" in
the Misc sheet.
However i would like to test this feature in the meantime. I only have a problem with the url of the video
when it is a relative path and that the presentation is pushed on a server (it works on a local filesystem).

Please tell me if you prefer to totally ignore the media frame.

[...]
Feel free to give any feedback if your are interested.

So far I've only found minor issues, so this basically looks
ready to push to master.

Issues found so far:
   - sozi-frame copy does not copy properties like text color
I will fix this issue.
   - apparently bounding box calculation is not completely correct
     with rotation (try to "rubber-band" selecting sozi-frame #6)
I don't understand how to "rubber-band" and how to reproduce what you mean.
   - with sozi-frame
?

I've also revisited that old threads loose ends, namely:
  - sozi player as external dependency? [2]
    => OK: now solved as optional in configure.ac)
Indeed, the sozi staff provide a descent header that can be compiled with msvc, so i use it by default.
  - px as font size unit [3]
    => Seems not to be needed anymore?
Solved (i don't know whether it was on the ff side or dia side)
  - automatic sequence number generation [4]
    => Same as before, but should be acceptable for the first
       version included.
Yes i prefer to help the user to maintain the sequence consistent. About the fact that the update is done
after, selecting other frames, i would like to improve this but i don't know how. Perhaps you could suggest
me how to redraw an object (see
https://gitorious.org/dia_sozi/dia_sozi/source/23d6d55818b3754bb345a74e89e94fe00ed2ac52:objects/Sozi/sozi-frame.c#L200)
 ?

Did I miss something?

I will submit a new version when i will be sure to keep the media as is or not.

Thank you very much for your review.

Paul.

Thanks,
     Hans