Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 21:09:58
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>
To: Didier Spaier <didier slint fr>, orca-list gnome org

Subject: Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment
    started

Some results for slint.  slapt-get --install-set mate worked.
Then I ran xwmconfig to choose graphical environment and mate showed up nearly last just above twm so I moved down to mate and hit enter.  I was returned to the command line prompt so hit printscreen key and typed startx to go into environment.  orca did not start which was no surprise to me so I started it.
Once orca was started the stuff to enable orca mate accessibility hadn't been set so I had to exit out by powering off computer and booted back in. Probably after supper I'll run those mate accessibility commands and try this again and see if I get further.  Things like control-f10 didn't work either and neither did control-alt-escape.  More later as I find it out and make some changes over here.