Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Le 02/11/2017 à 23:56, Luke Yelavich a écrit :
On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 08:40:43AM AEDT, Peter Vágner wrote:
I have added some more debugging code to lightdm-greeter.c and recompiled.
And I have discovered something somewhere else is starting
at-spi2-bus-launcher even before lightdm-gtk-greeter does it.

Its likely that systemd is starting it via dbus activation. May I suggest
trying the patch that can be extracted from the linked bzr branch for
lightdm-gtk-greeter at https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1670933 and see if
that helps.

Thanks for your input, Luke.

We could try this patch, however I don't know if it is relevant for
Slint as we don't user systemd.

A least Samuel's patch allows to have speech in graphical environments
started by lightdm.

What I don't know is the level of accessibility in, say, MATE, and I can
hardly assess it by lack of experience.

Peter and Jude, could you please check that?

To install MATE:
slapt-get -u
slapt-get --install MATE

I assume that the level of accessibility in MATE, XFCE or LXDE in Slint
is the same when started from lightdm as going graphical from the text
mode running startx, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Greetings,

Didier