Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Yes I have moved a bit further.
lightdm user has not been created when installing these packages. So I've created it manually and I do have lightdm running.

When exiting a greeter session either when logging in or when killing lightdm, I do have something like this inside /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:1069): WARNING **: [PIDs] Failed to terminate process #1104: No such process
I have added some more debugging code to lightdm-greeter.c and recompiled. And I have discovered something somewhere else is starting at-spi2-bus-launcher even before lightdm-gtk-greeter does it.
On arch linux it's working as it should. So either this is really a nasty lightdm-gtk-greeter bug or something else is also starting at-spi.

I'm looking more into it hopefully I'll be able to find what's the issue.

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

Le 02/11/2017 à 19:57, Peter Vágner a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Okay, now I have looked over some old messages and I have some more ideas.
>
> Lightdm really should start at-spi2 when it's configured with
> accessibility. It does it on my arch linux machine where I'm running
> lightdm for more than a year now.
> I do have these two options inside /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
> [greeter]
> a11y-states=reader
> reader=orca

I have:
[greeter]
a11y-states = +reader
indicators = ~a11y;~session;~power
reader = orca

I will use your settings to check

> when greeter session closes at-spi is killed by the gtk greeter. I am
> specifically handling this situation in that patch which has been committed
> into gtk-greeter 2.0.3 release.
>
> However I am unable to get lightdm working on slint at all. I have
> installed pam, lightdm and lightdm-gtk-greeter by using installpkg.
> This is what I'm getting when launching it... Should I add accounts service
> or logind into the mix somewhere?
>
> ** (lightdm:1204): WARNING **: Failed to get list of logind seats:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files
>
> ** (lightdm:1204): WARNING **: Error getting user list from
> org.freedesktop.Accounts:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
>
> (lightdm:1204): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
> 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
> ** (process:1214): WARNING **: Error getting user list from
> org.freedesktop.Accounts:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
> Failed to get information on user lightdm: Success

Oh the packages lightm and lighdm-gtk-greater are old in the
repo, sorry to make you loose your time.

Later today I will upload packages that work here.

Greetings,

Didier