Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Le 03/11/2017 à 02:50, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
Having run the mate accessibility enabling command I started startx
again and had to run orca when mate came up.  I could run
orca --replace and mate-terminal and mate-terminal gave me a $ prompt
in a console window but outside of the terminal in g.u.i. mode I
couldn't run commands that work in mate in archlinux.  It's like I
would run a command and get no speech back from orca.  Probably it's
possible to work in console on mate and while I have no problem with
that many others who are not original command line interface users are
about to experience serious difficulties. > orca --replace did replace
the screen reader but insert-space which > normally enters orca
preferences did not work either.

I think that all this is due to the a11y parameters not being set in
xinitrc.mate nor elsewhere. With most recent orca package they will be
set in /etc/profile.d/orca.sh that should be executable (to be available
in any graphical environment), and orca started by
~/.config/autostart/startorca.desktop

But this is not yet uploaded, my mistake, I will do an upload later
today 03 November.

Meanwhile, I attach these files to this post, sorry for the
inconvenience.

Greetings,

Didier