Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

I.d say this is some missunderstanding. I'm using gnome since 3.6 and I have never seen gdm cleaning at-spi. It means at-spi is exited when gdm exits.
I will really have to do some more experiments to better understand this but since gdm is not stopping at-spi, similar setup might be possible with lightdm.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 2. 11. 2017 4:28 PM používateľ "Samuel Thibault" <samuel thibault ens-lyon org> napísal:
Peter Vágner, on jeu. 02 nov. 2017 16:22:46 +0100, wrote:
> It's why I have suggested that lightdm-gtk-greeter should not be starting and
> stopping at-spi.

It's supposed to, in order to properly stop it, precisely. Otherwise
it gets automatically triggered by gdm3, and then nobody takes care of
shutting it down.

> What is not getting cleaned properly then?

at-spi.

> Is display manager supposed to exit at-spi and why GDM is not doing it
> now?

I don't know, that has to be investigated in your precise case of
versions etc.

Samuel