Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Le 02/11/2017 à 17:02, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
Peter Vágner, on jeu. 02 nov. 2017 16:44:14 +0100, wrote:
I.d say this is some missunderstanding. I'm using gnome since 3.6 and I have
never seen gdm cleaning at-spi. It means at-spi is exited when gdm exits.

He is not talking about gdm, but lightdm.

I will really have to do some more experiments to better understand this but
since gdm is not stopping at-spi, similar setup might be possible with lightdm.
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/9.2.1/amd64/iso-dvd/
No, because lightdm sets up its session differently, which doesn't allow
auto-cleanup such as what happens with gdm.

Yesterday I downloaded an ISO following this link:
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/9.2.1/amd64/iso-dvd/debian-9.2.1-amd64-DVD-1.iso
found on this page:
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/9.2.1/amd64/iso-dvd/

I had speech both in lihghtdm and in Maté in a VirtualBox VM.

(After that I installed gdm3 ant its zillion deps out of curiosity.
Unfortunately the system was stuck in a loop after rebooting but this is
off topic).

So Samuel, would you be kind enough to list the needed Debian packages
fitting well together from which I could take inspiration to get a
graphical a11y stack working?  Preferably the most recent stack that you
know works. Of course including lightdm, not gdm3.

Peter, same request for Arch.

Greetings,

Didier