Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Well, when using GDM at-spi processes are still running even after the user session is created.
It's why I have suggested that lightdm-gtk-greeter should not be starting and stopping at-spi.
What is not getting cleaned properly then? Is display manager supposed to exit at-spi and why GDM is not doing it now?

Thanks for joining in.

Greetings

Peter

Peter Vágner, on jeu. 02 nov. 2017 15:16:58 +0100, wrote:
> I still don't have concrete solutions, I am just trying to think of possible
> ways on how to diagnose this.

As Didier mentioned, the problem is that lightdm doesn't properly clean
its at-spi2 session.  Normally the workarounds I have posted to mailing
lists and bugs should avoid the issue, but that depends on the exact
version of lightdm etc.

At any rate, the issue is in the lightdm session, not in the user
session.

Samuel