Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 00:24 +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
Java applications are packaged in MSIs, DEBs, and RPMs just like
everything else.  Those packages include a variety of 'support' files.
"Users" do not use JAR files, they use applications that are installed.
There is no DEB, RPM for Minecraft.
Well, let's blame the vendor.

Yes.  [it certainly has nothing at all to do with GNOME]

Alternatively every developer/vendor is responsible for the crap every
other developer/vendor does [or does not] do.  That's silly.

Anyway, I don't consider install random DEB, RPM something good to
have, also generally no root access in public computers.

And on any decent public computer you can't execute code from your
'home' or working directory anyway.  So six of this, half-dozen of that,
you won't be able to run that code [and shouldn't be able to].

You'd debug it!  But that is *NOT* the task of the Desktop Environment.
GNOME does nothing to *get in the way of* you debugging a piece of
non-functional hardware.  Supporting hardware is not GNOME's task.
... I don't know how to say that any clearer.
It's just about identifying the chip.
Well, if you think "lscpi" inside Terminal has better UX...
Yes, I did.  And I'm right.  Running it multiple times is going to tell
you what?  cut-n-paste the output into gedit, Tomboy, bijiben,
whatever...  gather and organize all the information you need to debug
something.  That is how GOOD debugging is done.
You made my day.

Great!

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383