Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:02:24PM +0800, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Adam  Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
If it does not package a XDG .desktop file - there is a bug.  I don't
much care which application it is;  that doesn't change the argument.

Well, you don't care a computer game, I care.

That is not what he's saying. The application/game should include a
desktop file. If it doesn't, it is a bug.

You seem to like to compare things with Windows. I don't recall having
to create a shortcut to *any* Windows game in at least the last 10
years.

Yeah, and that isn't a real systems administation tool;  otherwise they
wouldn't have invented PowerShell [which is a really impressive tool
BTW].

Well, well, you can be a fan of PowerShell and I can be fan of Device Manager.
In old good days we still build PCs with discrete components.

So GNOME is bad because it does not include a device manager? I'm
totally not understanding what you're after. Various things are not
included in GNOME, that does not make anything bad.

In any case, there is a gtk+ application which shows you the devices and
so on, just don't know the name. Still do not get why it is important.

--
Regards,
Olav