Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
That is not what he's saying. The application/game should include a
desktop file. If it doesn't, it is a bug.

A desktop file with a JAR file?
I don't understand how to package it properly.

You seem to like to compare things with Windows. I don't recall having
to create a shortcut to *any* Windows game in at least the last 10
years.

That's your usage pattern.
There are some people who have whole desktop filled with shortcuts.
Well, I understand GNOME Shell has different pattern.

So GNOME is bad because it does not include a device manager? I'm
totally not understanding what you're after. Various things are not
included in GNOME, that does not make anything bad.

I'm not saying GNOME is bad.
I'm saying that you probably cannot use GNOME without terminal.

Another use case, what would you do when facing a new USB WiFi adapter
not working out-of-the-box?