Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Le 02/11/2017 à 23:13, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Where is the Samuel's patch? What does it address?
On Arch linux lightdm 1.24 and lightdm-gtk-greeter are working without
aplying additional patches.

I have uploaded the stuff here:
http://slint.fr/testing/
The patch is here:
http://slint.fr/testing/lightdm-gtk-greeter/kill-at-spi-bus-before-starting-user-session.diff

What does it address is indicated in this comment:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/1366534/comments/16

You can install the two packages using either upgradepkg or spkg -u

After that, run dotnew or dotnew-gtk and choose to replace the previous
lightdm.conf by the new one.

Also you can copy this file
http://slint.fr/testing/lightdm-gtk-greeter/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
to /etc/lightdm (I didn't succeed with yours).

To rebuild a package, just edit package.SlackBuild as you see fit
and run:
fakeroot sh package.SlackBuild

Greetings,

Didier

PS I didn't upload the files to slackware.uk because that would need to
make a partial rsync and I don't want to risk a mistake in the command.

Greetings,

Didier