Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Does the socket printed in that error message exist?
Does it change if you try running
orca --replace
instead?
I am sorry for not trying out to duplicate your setup as I've originally intended.
If you start lxde session this way is the desktop working?
Do you know if other packages depending on dbus are working within such a session?

I still don't have concrete solutions, I am just trying to think of possible ways on how to diagnose this.

Thanks for not giving up and the patience with me

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

In Slint gdm speaks, but if I start a desktop session from there orca
doesn't start in the desktop because the connection with at-spi2 through
dbus is refused, possibly still owned by lightdm (but even when
ps -ef |grep at-spi
comes empty, as it is the case  after:
session-setup-script=pkill -u lightdm at-spi
when trying to start I still get this answer:
cut here
didier[~]$ orca

** (orca:2219): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-4zxEfROlmH: Connection refused

** (orca:2219): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-4zxEfROlmH: Connection refused

** (orca:2219): ERROR **: AT-SPI: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus. Is at-spi-bus-launcher running?
Trace/breakpoint trap
didier[~]$
cut here

Currently I have lightdm-1.18.3 and lightdm-gtk-greeter-2.0.3 but I
have also tried lightdm-1.22.0.

There is a similar issue mentioned in this thread:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2015-December/msg00012.html

I have tried several things, to no avail, including the patch proposed
by Samuel attached to this comment:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/1366534/comments/16
and also writing in lightdm.conf
xserver-share=false

I would be grateful to any pointers to "something that works" which can
be based on any lightdm and lightdm-gtk-greeter versions, possibly with
additional patches, wrapper or other scripts to call from lightdm.conf,
including a properly set up lightdm.conf.
Only restriction: we don't have systemd in Slint, but I doubt that come
into play.

And also to anything that could help a non-coder debugging.

Greetings,

Didier