Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Le 02/11/2017 à 22:40, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Yes I have moved a bit further.
lightdm user has not been created when installing these packages. So I've
created it manually and I do have lightdm running.

When exiting a greeter session either when logging in or when killing
lightdm, I do have something like this inside
/var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
** (lightdm-gtk-greeter:1069): WARNING **: [PIDs] Failed to terminate
process #1104: No such process
I have added some more debugging code to lightdm-greeter.c and recompiled.
And I have discovered something somewhere else is starting
at-spi2-bus-launcher even before lightdm-gtk-greeter does it.
On arch linux it's working as it should. So either this is really a nasty
lightdm-gtk-greeter bug or something else is also starting at-spi.

I'm looking more into it hopefully I'll be able to find what's the issue.

Hopefully you won't have to ;)

I have reviewed the lightdm-gtk-greeter packages I built and realized
that in one of them I had applied Samuel's patch, but also set the
configure option --disable-at-spi-command...

So I have rebuilt it without this option, and now gdm and LXDE speak.

I will upload all the stuff in a few minutes so you can check by
yourself.

Thanks for your help, I look forward for your future contributions to
Slint.

Samuel, thanks a lot for the patch!

Greetings,

Didier