From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:31 AM
To: orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Gnome3, Orca and ArchLinux

Hi Michael,

Good point. I basically have plans to set up a testbox here sometime in the
next week or two to try and hopefully test and track down some of these
accessibility issues. Hopefully if we, the users of this list can file bug
reports early on, the Gnome developers will be able to correct these issues
and something like Gnome 3.2 will be much more stable and accessible.

I definitely remember the early days of the Gnome 2.x development with
Gnopernicus, Gnome 2.4, etc and it was pretty poor compared to later updates
of Gnome. Accessibility really didn't get decent until Gnome
2.8 as I recall. So in hindsight I don't think Gnome 3 is as bad as it was
during the early Gnome 2.x days by a long shot. Its mainly just bugs and
things that need to be fixed. I think that if we work together to track down
these issues we can get Gnome 3.2 or 3.4 back up to the 2.32 standards we
once had.