Re: [orca-list] Gnome3, Orca and ArchLinux

Hello,
On where the system menu has gone, some of the stuff can be found in another menu (not sure if its in the tray). What you need to do is move to the top panel, its somewhere in there. At this point I have not found a reliable way of bringing it up but it can be got at from the keyboard.

Now about orca starting automatically, in that menu mentioned above there is an option for settings (or something like that), go to that and then find universal access in the screen which appears. In that settings screen you will find a setting to enable orca being started on log in.

Haven't got a clue about the desktop.

Some of these issues are why I have tried out XFCE and LXDE, which are sort of usable but still have issues of their own (eg. XFCE's desktop isn't being spoken by orca, the panels aren't fully accessible as you cannot look in their trays, etc).

Michael Whapples