Re: nm-edit

Pat, this sounds fabulous! Hope you check in soon.

You might be interested in some of the code in the PPTP(and pppd)
configuration tool:
I took what had been written David Z. wrote for the vpnc plugin
and abstracted it a little further so as to be able to quickly add configs
for different types of connection.  It allows one to simply draw dialogs
in Glade and then have behaviour like groups of options in automatically
hidden/shown, expanded/collapsed expanders,  automatic handling of
control sensitivity, gconf naming/representation of options, import/export
from/to files, different sets of options based on for example the
value of a combo box and all this by simply declaring "sets of defaults".
The dialog in this screen shot is implemented with only couple of
dozen lines of mostly declarative code:
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/onlymee/161934943/