Re: [3/3] Do something with trusted networks

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:57 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 14:26 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
>
> > Great work!
>
> Thanks!
>
> So I just had a little talk with Dan (sorry it was off-list) and I think
> we are going to go with these patches, with the following changes:
>
> 	- Rename "trusted" to "fallback"
> 	- Don't persist "fallback" networks in the scan list, but
> 	  do perform the fall-back brute-force thingy.

Oh no... I was just hoping to finally being able to "force" NM to try to
connect to a network, although it doesn't find it.

At work we have two networks, one open, unencrypted and broadcasting,
and another encrypted, not-broadcasting it's essid BOTH ON THE SAME MAC.
This unfortunately leads to NM only displaying the open network, and not
the hidden one (which is the "internal" network with access to company
servers). So I always have to do the "connect to other network" thing
and entering all the stupid details again.

If at least the connect to other network thing had a drop down with all
known (or at least "trusted/fallback") networks... then at least I
wouldn't need to reenter the connection details ad infinitum....

Please, reconsider the decision to not shown the trusted networks in an
easily accessible list... this would help so much here :-)

	jtl