Re: [3/3] Do something with trusted networks

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 18:53 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> Jens Lautenbacher wrote:
>
> > Please, reconsider the decision to not shown the trusted networks in an
> > easily accessible list... this would help so much here :-)
>
> The old behavior (as of the last patch I posted) would not have solved
> this, either.

Why? The "internal" network would have been marked as trusted, and would
always be displayed, so I can select it to try to connect to the AP.

> Are you saying you have two wireless networks, with two different
> ESSID's, but sharing one BSSID?

yes. And I have no control over this, unfortunately.

> That violates the wireless spec, I am 99% sure.  Who makes the access
> point?

Sorry, can't tell for sure. From the bssid it looks as if it's from SMC

> The reason NM chokes on it is that we have logic to merge two AP
> objects into one if they share the same BSSID.

Sad. All the windows laptops have no problem with this situation...

By the way, you didn't say anything to the idea to at least display all
"fallback" networks as a drop-down/select-menu in the connect dialog so
I don't have to enter the same information over and over again...
Could this be possible?

	jtl