Re: MSVC build problems after updating from git

Den 2014-11-28 14:27, John Emmas skrev:
On 28 Nov 2014, at 13:19, John Emmas wrote:

Kjell mentioned yesterday (and I confirmed this morning) that the word "error:" in that message is just an indication that the files being processed (at that particular time) happened to be "error.ccg" and "error.hg".  But MSVC sees the text "error:" and wrongly assumes that an error occurred  :-(

Hmmm...  in fact, maybe we could just print the full file name - in this case:-

        gmmproc: error.ccg: GIOErrorEnum: Example code discarded.

That would hopefully solve it?

John

The message is printed by glibmm/tools/pm/DocsParser.pm, line 378-379,

  print STDERR "gmmproc: $main::source: $obj_name: Example code discarded.\n"
    if ($example_removals);

There are other warnings that contain $main::source. If you can tell what suits MSVC, I can modify them. I think the word error in the message can confuse human readers as well as MSVC.
I'd prefer error.hg|ccg or error.hg or something like that. The .hg file is more important than the .ccg file here.

Kjell