Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 13:36, Greg Copeland wrote:

> Negative.
> We're back to the can't bind message, several times in a row...
> *recovery from three crashes*...and time spent doing other things...
> Shortly after messing with the USB stuff, my system locked immediately
> following a successful sync.  Seems like those pesky kernel USB bugs are
> still lurking.  At any rate, rebooting several times resulting in my
> machine locking tight every time the USB modules were loaded.  After
> doing a cold boot, the system came up and I can now do the
> one-off-gpilotd syncs.  Seems the USB stuff didn't get properly reset
> between warm boots.  Ack!  A cold boot seems to of kicked squarely.
> Which, does place me back to where I started from.  Cool!

Can you double-check (courtesy of lspci) that you have the right USB
driver loading?  There are two that are _almost_ compatible and you
might have the wrong one loading.  ...or at least tell me the chipset
lspci reports and which kernel you're using so I can avoid it.  ;)

> Want to thank everyone that helped for their time and effort.  Just fyi,
> my gpilotd device section looks like this:  It's now back to where it
> was before I upgraded and had problems.
>
> [Device0]
> type=1
> name=Cradle
> device=/dev/pilot
> speed=230400
> timeout=4
>

> Also, Just FYI, I had been changing rate on my visor too.  I noticed
> long ago that syncing is much harder, if not impossible, if the data
> rates between gpilotd and the device are not the same.  Oddly enough,
> I'm not sure I understand the reason why and never bothered to look at
> the code to figure out if there is actual code to support such a
> correlation.

Somewhat of an understatment about the speed.  I don't think many Visors
will be very happy with that high of a speed.  Put this in...

[Device0]
type=1
name=USB Cradle
device=/dev/ttyUSB1