Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 07:44, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le ven 19/09/2003 à 14:29, Greg Copeland a écrit :
> > The gpilotd configuration file yields:
> > [General]
> > sync_PC_Id=542352833
> > progress_stepping=1
> > num_devices=1
> > num_pilots=1
> >
> > [Device0]
> > type=1
> > name=Cradle
> > device=/dev/palm
> > speed=115200
> > timeout=4
>
> Try replacing with
> device=/dev/usb/tts/1
> speed=57600

Done.  Still a no go.

> But before all of this, you should make sure something below gnome-pilot
> is not broken. Try this :
> -press hotsync
> -run pilot-xfer -l  to check if your visor is correctly detected and
> read by pilot-link..

This has always worked.  Just did it again to be anal.  It still works.
Furthermore, it seems to work well off the /dev/pilot link too.

[]$ pilot-xfer -l
   No $PILOTPORT specified and no -p <port> given.
   Defaulting to '/dev/pilot'

   Listening to port: /dev/pilot

   Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

Reading list of databases in RAM...
.
.
.
List complete. 59 files found.
Time elapsed: 0:00:03

My system is almost back to it's old settings.  I do know that
"2.4.21-0.25mdksmp" appears to have a minor reference count bug in the
modules.  I can remove all usb modules and there is still a reference
count of 1 for usbcore.  No matter what, the count can't be reduced.
I'm wondering if part of the problem is kernel related.

Off to fidget some more....

--
Greg Copeland <gtcopeland earthlink net>