Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

Le ven 19/09/2003 à 14:58, Greg Copeland a écrit :
> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 07:44, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > Le ven 19/09/2003 à 14:29, Greg Copeland a écrit :
> > > The gpilotd configuration file yields:
> > > [General]
> > > sync_PC_Id=542352833
> > > progress_stepping=1
> > > num_devices=1
> > > num_pilots=1
> > >
> > > [Device0]
> > > type=1
> > > name=Cradle
> > > device=/dev/palm
> > > speed=115200
> > > timeout=4
> >
> > Try replacing with
> > device=/dev/usb/tts/1
> > speed=57600
> >

> Done.  Still a no go.

> > But before all of this, you should make sure something below gnome-pilot
> > is not broken. Try this :
> > -press hotsync
> > -run pilot-xfer -l  to check if your visor is correctly detected and
> > read by pilot-link..
>
> This has always worked.  Just did it again to be anal.  It still works.
> Furthermore, it seems to work well off the /dev/pilot link too.
>
> []$ pilot-xfer -l
>    No $PILOTPORT specified and no -p <port> given.
>    Defaulting to '/dev/pilot'
>
>    Listening to port: /dev/pilot
>
>    Please press the HotSync button now... Connected
>
> Reading list of databases in RAM...
> .
> .
> .
> List complete. 59 files found.
> Time elapsed: 0:00:03

Ok.. I prefer to get things tested on step at a time..

> My system is almost back to it's old settings.  I do know that
> "2.4.21-0.25mdksmp" appears to have a minor reference count bug in the
> modules.  I can remove all usb modules and there is still a reference
> count of 1 for usbcore.  No matter what, the count can't be reduced.
> I'm wondering if part of the problem is kernel related.

This is because /proc/bus/usb is mounted.. Unmount it and you'll be able
to unload usb module..

Back on gpilotd, try this :

-killall gpilotd (just to be sure no other instance is runnning)
-run it yourself in an xterm
-press hotsync and check what it ouputs..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft