Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

Le jeu 18/09/2003 à 16:46, Greg Copeland a écrit :
> Mandrake 9.1.

This is NOT possible. pilot-link 0.11.7 was shipped with Mdk 9.1.

> I have the same setup here and find that gpilotd is almost worthless.
> The only way it will sync is if you manually run it (never with it
> running the background) and then, it will only sync once per execution.
Strange, it has been working perfectly on my home system for more than 6
months (ie until I switched on 9.2 RC two week ago). You just need to
add gpilotd to your default session and make sure you choose "USB" as
connection type.

> I guess the problem is that Mandrake is too far behind on it's updating
> of gpilotd?  To boot, it's also using devfs.

gnome-pilot 0.1.71 was the latest version available at the time we
shipped Mdk 9.1 into production.. Unfortunately (I already explain that
two days ago on this mailing list), Evolution and gnome-pilot were GNOME
1 applications which were not supported as applets for GNOME 2 (BTW, it
was the same problem with Mdk 9.0 too..). Now that Evolution and
gnome-pilot has been ported to GNOME 2 platform, everything is more
integrated (cf Mandrake 9.2 ..)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft