Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

Le ven 19/09/2003 à 13:29, Greg Copeland a écrit :
> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 02:36, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > Le jeu 18/09/2003 à 18:51, Greg Copeland a écrit :
> > > There there appears to be a bug within the update process as I just
> > > checked again prior to send my previous email, just to be sure.  There
> > > are zero outstanding updates pending for me to download.  I have it
> > > checking for all types of updates.  I always check for updates
> > > immediately following installation and periodically every couple of
> > > weeks, unless I read an advisory, whereby, I check daily until it's
> > > fixed.  The recent SSH vulnerability is an example of such.
> >
> > Hmm, strange, there was a bug advisory for this :
> > http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKA-2003:011
> >
> > But it seems it was forgotten from the description files which is used
> > to display why you need to update in MandrakeUpdate.. I'll check with
> > our update/security guy..
> >
> > Anyway, you should be able to download this bug fix automagically by
> > running (as root):
> > urpmi.update -a
> > urpmi gnome-pilot libgnome-pilot1
>
> Well, first, let me say thank you for the assistance.  It is
> appreciated.  Second, let me say, things are even worse now.  :(  Now, I
> can't even get it to manually sync as I could before.  Now, gpilotd
> simply gives me, "gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot".  I've
> tried starting gpilotd both, before and after I press the sync button
> and tried to sync multiple times in both cases.  Now, gpilotd simply
> refuses to sync at all.  Ack!
>
> I currently have the usb stuff blacklisted and have it automatically
> being loaded too.  When I press the sync button, I can see devfs
> activity and even ls the device.  It's there alright.  I double checked
> permissions.  They are a-okay.

Is your pilot configured to be an "USB" device in gnome-pilot ? Make
sure /proc/bus/usb is mounted and, after you pressed hotsync, your
palm/clié/whatever appears in /proc/bus/usb/devices.

I'm not sure usb blacklisting is a good idea on a Mdk system, this is
might disabled some permissions change which at done when devices are
created on the fly by devfs..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft