Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

> Stumped. I'm trying to sync my Visor Prism with Evolution 1.4 on Mandrake 9.1
> .
>
> The hardware all works. I can sync with Kpilot, Jpilot, and pilot-xfer in a
> terminal. Can't do it with Evolution.

[snip]

> How can I determine what is happening? Can I run something from a terminal and
> get some error message? Is there a log of error messages hidden somewhere? In
> ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d there are two files, gpilotd and queue. What do these
> tell me? They show the settings, but that doesn't really tell me much.

Try running gpilotd on its own.  You can probably find it at /usr/libexec/gpilotd

Kill any gpilotd processes already running.

When it starts up I get:

sirocco 280 /tmp> /usr/libexec/gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

So, check the watched device looks okay.  I guess it should match whatever
you're successfully using with pilot-xfer, or Jpilot.

Matt

Matt Davey	  Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old;
matt corvil com 	     seek what they sought.  -- Basho