Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 01:07 +0530, Ravi Kumar wrote:
So the discussion went wrong. One parties do not really want to
understand the other parties.
To understand someone, one needs to empty his cup, listen to other and
then he can get a snap of perspective that others want or is saying.

Please don't do that.  I understand perfectly well.  I disagree.

GNOME is nice, lots of developer contributed it, and this is one of
the example of successful community driven opensource project.
But it is not perfect yet and never will be.

And nobody implied it was or will be.

Leaders and other enthusiasts should listen to what and why other
people asking for some features, enhancements and tools? Simply
pointing out the solution as to use terminal or other script is not
really solution,

Unless it is,  because it is - it provides the required information.

but you are driving the discussion in different way showing your
expertise.
You like commandline, I like commandline, but for obvious task, I do
not use commandlines always. If I am in nautilus, and if I have to
rename a directory, I will not go open  a terminal and rename it
there. Rather I will Right Click->Rename or use F2.

You are being ambiguous.   Renaming a folder is a commonplace end-user
task;  a task I would almost always do via Nautilus.  Browsing chipset
level hardware information is not renaming a folder.  99.44% of the
Earth's population will live their entire lives unconcerned about their
printer's USB vendor and product id string [or even being aware thier
printer has those things].

If you think that was missed, just accept is. But you are acting like
stubborn.

No,  I disagree with you.  Not just 'giving way' isn't "stubborn".

I really do not want to hurt feelings here, but i want to show you
want I am perceiving it at my end. Thank you.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383