Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
It is not at all limited to "Free Software" platforms.  It is the
defacto debugging and administration tool of every platform.  Yes,
Microsoft platforms have some very nice GUI administration tools.... but
one runs head-first into them quite regularly.  I have ~300 Windows
workstations under my administration - WE USE THE COMMAND LINE ALL THE
TIME!  THE COMMAND LINE IS OFTEN ****EASIER****!   IT IS EASIER TO
INSTRUCT PEOPLE ABOUT USING THE COMMAND LINE!  YOU CAN CUT-N-PASTE TEXT
FROM THE A terminal/cmd WINDOW! - THEN PUT IT IN A TICKET OR E-MAIL.
THE COMMAND LINE TOOLS REMAIN THE SAME ACROSS VARIOUS VERSIONS AND
REVISIONS;  vs. their need to constantly redesign the control panel.

The command line tools of Windows finally do not suck, they've invested
a lot of effort into improving there command line.  Why?  Because people
want it!

Calm down, dude.
What you and I prefer don't matter that much.
For the "lspci" VS Device Manager issue.
Actually Linux user needs such stuff more since Linux is less likely
to be properly pre-installed.

I have no idea what "Neowin" is.

http://www.neowin.net/

Okay, you are now way outside of "normal user".

Well, if one use portable application for Windows, he is outside "normal user"?