[Gimp-user] CentOS packanges for 2.8?

Seems I cheered too soon... only the gimp-devel-2.8.0 packages are there... perhaps the binaries are coming
soon...

Just a note here, there are rpm packages fo gimp 2.8 for Centos 6.2 and
6.3 according to rpmfind.net.

It's probably also fine to build in /usr/local, it is on most rpm-based
systes - as far as I can tell it's only debian and debian-like systems
that consider /usr/local to be part of the operating system.

But good advice to stay away from it in general, though.

Liam

--
erroneus (via gimpusers.com)