Re: [Gimp-user] CentOS packanges for 2.8?

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM, erroneus wrote:

I want to be able to run my older version of GNOME with a newer
version of GiMP.  How can I resolve this?  If the answer is compiling
from source, can I get some hints as to what whole sets of source I
need to get and how to go about installing them?  I suspect it's all
about the command line switches saying something like "install
everything in /usr/local/gimp-2.8.0" or something to that effect.

I suggest you read these instructions (ignore the ubuntu bias);

http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/compiling-gimp-for-ubuntu

If that's a whole new world, you will find it an interesting learning
curve

--
Owen