[Gimp-user] CentOS packanges for 2.8?

I used 'librsvg-2.36.1.tar.xz' when compiling 2.8 and everything went
fine...
Give it a try to that version of librsvg, remember setting:
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gimp-2.8/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gimp-2.8/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gimp-2.8/lib/pkgconfig

and:
configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8
make -j 2
make install

this 'make install' with elevated privileges according with the
permissions of '/opt/gimp-2.8'
then try 'configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8' again in GIMP source code
folder.

Yes, these are all the things I am doing.  When I get to the:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8

It fails with:

checking for gobject-introspection... configure: error: gobject-introspection-1.0 is not installed

I, of course, have been trying to install gobject-instrospection and have been failing miserably.  Sourcing
various versions from here:  http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/ I have tried many versions all with the
same failure talking about Glib-2.0.gir.. and it seems to be looking somewhere other than /opt/gimp-2.8 for
it.

--
erroneus (via gimpusers.com)