[Gimp-user] CentOS packanges for 2.8?

You need to build things in the selected build directory, babl, gegl
and gimp

If glib and gtk versions are too low, you need to build those and
their dependancies in the selected directory.

DO NOT BUILD IN /usr or /usr/local

Make sure that the console you are working is the console that you
have exported the paths as per the gimp users tutorial. That way,
looking for libraries ensures the first searched path is your build
directory, not /usr or /usr/local

Got it... I'm currently wallowing in dependency hell.  Each thing needs another thing... so far I have
downloaded the following: cairo, pango, gdk-pixbuf, gtk+, atk, libffi and glib along with the previous babl
and gegl and now it's telling me I will need poppler and pixman as well.  The rabbit hole goes deeper and
deeper and the passages ever winding.

I just want to make graphics... you know?  This stuff is making me tired and my eyes dry.

--
erroneus (via gimpusers.com)