Re: [Gimp-user] CentOS packanges for 2.8?

On Sun, 2012-07-15 at 21:38 +0200, erroneus wrote:
I used 'librsvg-2.36.1.tar.xz' when compiling 2.8 and everything went
fine...
Give it a try to that version of librsvg, remember setting:
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gimp-2.8/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gimp-2.8/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gimp-2.8/lib/pkgconfig

and:
configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8
make -j 2
make install

this 'make install' with elevated privileges according with the
permissions of '/opt/gimp-2.8'
then try 'configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8' again in GIMP source code
folder.

Yes, these are all the things I am doing.  When I get to the:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8

It fails with:

checking for gobject-introspection... configure: error: gobject-introspection-1.0 is not installed

I, of course, have been trying to install gobject-instrospection and have been failing miserably.  Sourcing
various versions from here:  http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/ I have tried many versions all with
the same failure talking about Glib-2.0.gir.. and it seems to be looking somewhere other than /opt/gimp-2.8
for it.

The previous two threads didn't go to the list, clicked 'Reply' instead
'Reply to All' so they went directly to your mail, my mistake... :P

Try configuring 'librsvg' without 'gobject-introspection':
./configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8/ --enable-introspection=no

And yes, I tried compiling 'gobject-introspection-1.33.3.tar.xz' and
'librsvg-2.36.1' fails to detect it, so for now disable it and give it a
try.

Aliet

--

Este mensaje le ha llegado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece Infomed para respaldar el
cumplimiento de las misiones del Sistema Nacional de Salud. La persona que envia este correo asume el

Infomed: http://www.sld.cu/